Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Man your workstation!!!

Office
My new workstation... [*_*"]

Notice that I've got all that I need...
1. Power supply securely taped to the side of the table.
2. Close proximity to the water cooler/heater (just a teeny weeny hop, skip, jump away from behind the chair)
3. Foldable sidetable!!! (Made up of a couple of boxes...)

Anyway, my new workstation is not even 4 feet in length and I've traded in the lovely comfy, red chair for a tacky plastic/metal chair from IKEA because it just took too much space ALONG THE CORRIDOR... *sigh*...

^_^"... Why am I located in such a wonderful location? Well, there isn't enough space in the office. We're overflowing with people. I got bumped from my seat because I was mobile, so I could take a smaller place. The person who took over was assigned a desktop and so, needed more place bla bla...

I was told that this setup would be temporary. Doubt that it would stay that way... The word "temporary" has a way to evolve to "permanent" around these parts...

Oh well, I managed to make myself a little more comfortable by putting up a Star Wars III poster on the blue partition. The only downside is that because I'm in (a) corridor and (b) close to the water cooler/heater, people can easily look over my shoulder and see stuff going on in my laptop.

I've been bitchin' about the new location but well, its ok. Pretty blessed to have some place to sit of my own, unlike my other colleague who had to sit in the boss's room......................................

No comments: