Hehe... It has been a couple of weeks ** really??? ** since my last update to my BLog. I have to say that I enjoyed my little time off from my job as I really, really needed it after working like a dog for so long.
Anyway, I would certainly recommend that one takes a long break once in a while in order to get perspectives right, to clear the mind and just relax. One week in Sydney without touching any computer was like heaven to me. When I got back to my notebook, I nearly forgot how to type but after a few mouse-clicks, I was back to my good 'ol programming style...
I can see that my colleagues are getting a little stressed out and so, I would recommend that they go on a holiday. It does not have to be so far away like Australia or New Zealand, it could be a closer spot like Langkawi or even Port Dickson (???!!!!). Hehe... Port Dickson is a small, popular beach spot here in Malaysia, situated in the state of Negri Sembilan (literally translated to "9 States"). I would not recommend that one takes a holiday at home because that would mean just resting (like what we do on a weekend) and not taking a real break. A new location may refresh the mind and also "sharpen the saw" once one returns to work.
I can really see the effects of taking a really good "off-shore" (if one can afford it) break. Once I got back, I could solve bugs rather quickly and without much brain-bending. As Leonardo Da Vinci once said,
Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.
Certainly good advice from the master, himself!
Will describe some of cool stuff I did in Sydney... in a few days time. *^_^*



No comments:
Post a Comment