Thursday, September 04, 2003

U know when u r beaten when...

*sigh*... It is confirmed. My boss is a dumba**... His e-mail today was pretty interesting. Asked me to cool it and not start any e-mail wars. **PPPHHHHHHPPPPTTTT**...

Anyhow, life goes on. The bug that caused the problem was human error. I will "selectively" choose to reply his e-mails. Anyway, he does not command any respect from me. I will just respect the title, but the man... That leaves A LOT to be desired.

My question of the day is, how often do we IT Professionals here in M'sia encounter such superiors or bosses, where they are


  1. Totally technically unsound but because they can suck up to management, they get to be head of a technical department.
  2. Able to promise a lot of things but do not deliver.
  3. Put in software development processes but fail to implement them properly, hence worsening the situation.
  4. UNABLE TO LEAD.......Thus rendering the entire department to run like headless chicken when the CEO starts asking technical questions ==> This... in my humble opinion is the biggest problem......



Anyhoooo.... we as professionals, have to suck it in and just do our jobs. This is contrary to what I believe in as I'm a proactive person. However, when your boss "claims" to be proactive but isn't, you tend to get very discouraged. The solution?? Move on in your life. Remember that the person behind that title is still human and thus, is imperfect in every way. The solution to my problem? Ignore the bloody boss, listen to the BIG GUY... (Hehehe... Yes... GOD FIRST!!!! CEO next... *snicker*) and do your best!!

I read this today in an e-mail and I really love it....

The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Amen.....

No comments: