Hmmm... After a full day's work trying to find an elusive bug, I have encountered one very disturbing thing... The application database I was working on was being tampered...!!! **SHOCK**.... * o * I did not know how or why but I suspect that someone was updating some records in the database and may have accidently removed a table and data records.... *sigh*... The result, the application acted strange and despite so many efforts to repro (reproduce) the error on the staging machine, the strange bug could not be found anywhere!
Finally, at 6:11pm today, I discovered that the database was tampered.................................. The consequences that followed are:
- Application did not run properly and thus, compromised the demonstration done by product team.
- Boss panicked because of No. 1 and so called up and starting screaming.
- I started screaming back because I know of item No. 1
- Anxiously ran unit tests and debug traces on code. Found none.... ======> MORE PANIC!!!
- Told another colleague to run unit tests and debug draces. Could not repro the error ======> NEARLY DIED LAUGHING!
As a result of No.1 I am suffering from a minor stomach ulcer. On top of that, had a lovely chat with my CEO because of item No. 1... LOOOOOVVVVEEEEELLLLYYYYYYYY..... I also received a "nice" e-mail from the CEO regarding the problem.......... LOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEELLLLLYYYYYYYYY.... Gave a lovely opinion to the CEO regarding what my boss is doing, i.e. NO SYSTEM... "Just Do It!!!"........
I think because of that, my boss is in a bad mood because he too got some lovely mails...
This is the reality of working in IT boys and girls........ You are a lovely ant working your a** off for these people and what do you get in the end???? Nothing but more work and comments about your quality of work. I do not see leadership in this place... I only see urgency and disorganization. From chaos, there should stem creativity and innovation. In fact, I see more back-biting, politicking and chaos!! Reminds me the story about Apple's early days when teams were pitted against each other to develop a better Mac... Is this place headed that way???? We'll just have to find out....



No comments:
Post a Comment