Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Ah... Tuesday... **rant** **rant**

Ever wonder if M'sian drivers are equipped with mind-reading/controlling powers while on the road? Well, I think it is a very well-known fact that cars sold in M'sia should not be equipped with the indicator lights and switches because drivers simply don't use them!!! If there were a bylaw that will allow cars to remove such items from their cars, I am sure there will be many who will tell their dealer, "No need to include-la... Save me RMXXX....". Some of the more flamboyant car owners would probably say this "Eh... Can include some of those flashy thingys that can change colour from blue to green whenever I turn my car or not?..." Nevertheless, I marvel at these drivers skills everyday while on the way to and from work. I believe that they have Jedi-mind controlling powers....... "I AM TURNING LEFT... WATCH MY CAR TURN... I WILL TELL YOU TELEPATHICALLY.... YOU MUST GIVE IN TO ME!!!!!!!!"

**WAJA abruptly cuts in... no signal... (what for... waste my 0.000000000002kj of energy)...**
Yours truly: Oi!!!! Signal-lah.....
WAJA owner: **snickers** (I DRIVE BIG CAR... SO PHREAKING WHAT????!!!)

*sigh*... Oh well... aside from all these, most M'sians (my fren keeps telling me that it is KL drivers) are pretty cool except for a few bad hats... Hmmm... I believe underlying all these are feelings of insecurities and kiasu-ness. Kia-su (adj)- A feeling that one must not lose out in everything one does in life

Why am I ranting so much??? Coz I'm fed up!!!

I recall the story of my Mom telling me how she got bullied while driving. She told me "Don't get worked up over this. Just drive carefully and defensively...". A car overtakes us recklessly... Mom honks of course and immediately speeds up... (???!!!!)... I said "Err... Why are YOU getting so worked up over this?", "Because that idiot just overtook us dangerously!!!" Mom replies... **WHAT????!!! Hmmmm..... We are reactive beings after all, something built into our primedial brains to fight or flee... hmmm...**...

Hmmm... work... or dare I continue???

No comments: