Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Its only what??? 11:14am???

*sigh*.... Ever get the feeling that you've chosen the wrong career?

Anyway, the definition of an IT professional in KL is as follows,

       
  1. Able to write some code AND test it...
       
  2. Write some documentation USUALLY AT THE LAST MINUTE
       
  3. Demo it to some people... i.e. sales talk but it is really B-S most of the time...
       
  4. Get yelled at by the Project Manager/CTO/CEO for doing your job... or because one of the above items have failed...
       
  5. Do some support work because one of the above items have failed...


At least... that is how I feel like these days...

Boss doesn't care about anything. "I just want it to work... BY ALL MEANS NECCESSARY"... **PhhbbbbppppTtTT!!!!***... Yea right... That doesn't mean if you have to spend a good half of your sleeping time staying up and trying to make some stupid changes because someone didn't like how the system is running...

When you are dead tired, the boss says "I want you to take leave.... but are you contactable during that time??".....In short, they want you to rest, but not for too long... perhaps only rest for around 5 minutes before returning to the spaghetti code you wrote because someone didn't want to implement proper design procedures.

*sigh*.. *sigh*... **rant** **rant**... I'm really grouchy... should write some happier stuff....

No comments: